Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Adieu, Farewell, Aufwiedersehen, Goodbye


Life is full.Full of good things, bad things, surprises, events, encounters and adieus.
I would classify the adieus as the 2nd worst thing after death.
God has been so merciful-so far-with me as to spare me death of people I love.
Uptil now I think I only mourned one person.To compensate for that my life has been an endless chain of adieus.
But that’s fine I mean considering the alternatives.
They say God provides you with the amount of strength necessary to endure your pain. So strength is proportional i guess.
Even though you accept some hardships of life goodbyes remain bitter.
I usually try to look at the positive side of things, yet I failed to find one positive aspect when parting with dear ones.
While some people don't even leave as little as a fingerprint in your life, others hold a significant place no matter how distant.
But the sad thing is that no matter how much you promise to keep in contact- and you mean it at the time- you email or sms for a few months then you can call it a real goodbye.
Only a memory remains, a sweet feeling or maybe a faint smile when you accidently see the name while flipping through the address book.
But life goes on and thx God facebook is "IN" so you can somehow keep track of these people, see their smiling faces amongst other friends, get a sweet bitter feeling; sweet cause your friends are fine, smiling....amongst friends and bitter cause you art not in these pictures.
Once i decided not to get attached to people to protect myself from situations as such.But it's a built-in device that you cannot uninstall.
In this context i would like to say to Gazzar i miss your being around and to Usama i miss you allready, to my friends back home OH MY GOD guys it's awfully weired without you here.
To my current friends here in the UAE let's enjoy what's left!
Luv u all

2 comments:

Askandarani said...

What really happens is friends go separate ways, communications grows thin. The tragic part is after a while, they want to call but they feel embarrassed cause they were out of touch for a long time. Fear how the other side will answer is holding them back. Then this is the true babiiz

Unknown said...

True friends stay in touch in their thoughts & minds, not necessary by phone calls or e-mails. What matters most is WHEN you are remembered!! & the wormth meeting or calling you again that truely expresses how dear you are.