Sunday, November 18, 2007

Your wish is my command


Remember Aladdin? The one who found a wonderlamp, rubbed the dust of it and freed the Gennie?
The Gennie was grateful to Aladdin and said...YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND, upon which Aladdin was granted three wishes.
I always wondered -and i am not just being sarcastic- what if Aladdin wished that the Gennie became his slave? or at least fulfill all his wishes not just three??
How would the Gennie have reacted? Would he have accused Aladdin of being greedy and called the whole thing off? Would he stick to his word?
Now seriosuly, three wishes is a bit stingy don't you think? Come on he freed the guy after all these years of being trapped in a dirty lamp...i think Aladdin deserved more than just three wishes.
Now if i were in Aladdin's slippers i would have played it safely after all three is better than winding up with nothing.
My first wish would have been for my parents to be happy.They are the best.They sacrificed their happiness to satisfy me.Nothing they will spare to keep me happy.I am blessed to have such loving parents and really wish them utmost happiness.
My second wish(and notice how am trying to be cunning here) is that my friends and i live happy ever after with the partners of our dreams.
My 3rd wish goes for my country i really wish that Egypt becomes a better place, that it prospers again that i can go back and be with my parents and friends.
The 1st two wishes are doable but the 3rd i think is far fetched.
Anyway, whether doable or far fetched sadly there is no Gennie to fulfill instant dreams.
We can always pray that things get better and thx God our Allah is generous and mighty you can demand a zillion things not only three.
Although we don't get them on the spot and sometimes we never do but still i belive that whatever is given to us is the very best.
One more thing Mr.Gennie would you please grant me one bonus wish?
That one would go to Mme Souad the nasty representative of my landlord?would you please turn her into a monkey?and this one comes from all the inhabitants of Burj Omar...pleaaaaaaaaz

1 comment:

Askandarani said...

lol. think genies cant give happiness and love, they only give material things, read it once in a novel. ur post hit me with modern genies like the one in bedazeled, u know el genie el rewesh ( know it was the devil )not the stereotype of ismaael yassein genie. but she was my dream genie, and the one in Alaa el dien disney cartoon, was wayyyyy toooooo cooooooool kaman.
humming in my head 1000 lela we lela, 2e7kia ya sharzad ( thighhhhhhh)